Monday, December 19, 2005

Slacking

I realized yesterday that my exercise in the past week has been practically nil--I think I managed two easy pilates sessions, and that's it. Two days were because of illness, two days because of lunch committments at work and evening plans that kept me busy at night, so I guess there was one day that I could have exercised and just didn't.

My diet has been terrible too, but that's almost to be expected this time of year. I keep snacking on little, calorie-laden things. I feel like I'm doing better, but then I look back at the end of the day and count up everything I had (two samoas, a couple of bites of pumpkin-chocolate chip cake (a gift from our neighbor), eight rolos, two slices of cheddar bread) and I'm appalled. I guess "better" is relative--I'm way more in control this year than in previous years where I'd eat every goodie in sight, but much worse than September and October when I managed to keep control of my diet most days and even was able to plan for when I knew I'd be facing lots of treats.

And of course my weight is going back up. I expect quite a gain from last week, but that's because last week's weight had more to do with being sick than anything else. Since that low, I've been going up about a half a pound a day, which seems about right for regaining weight lost due to illness/dehydration. Yesterday I hit 141 and was fine with that; I figured that's about where I *should* be given where I was before the stomach bug. But this morning I was 142 and I didn't like that at all.

This week I should be able to get to the gym twice (today and Wednesday); on the other days I have holiday lunches with various people. So my goal for the week is two sessions on the treadmill, three days of pilates, and one day of aerobic exercise at home.

1 comment:

Amy said...

That's a good plan for exercise. I am going to shoot for that too. And I don't mean shoot myself in the foot so I don't have to do it!! I mean I am going to do it!!! I have a gym session scheduled with Julie on Wednesday - and then I can go again on Thursday and maybe even Friday!!! Exersice at home should be do-able too. I even set my home gym clothes on my bed this morning so I will have to move them before I can get IN bed to read or knit or whatever...