Monday, December 05, 2005

The 91st day of my diet

I can't figure out how to recapture that first-day feeling. I was pretty good today but far from perfect -- I had popcorn tonight with Daniel (but we now actually have light popcorn in the house, when we never did before this fall, so we ate that, and I tried not to pig out) and I had a slice of onion (white) bread and margarine when the kids ate dinner, since I was waiting to eat my real dinner with Daniel, and there was almost no nutrition in that. And I made gingerbread (the Williamsburg mix that I bought two years ago, oops! Still yummy, and perfect on a snowy day) and I ate a piece of that. But I had tea when the kids had hot chocolate, even though hot chocolate was what I really wanted (with whipped cream, like Alexander had!) and what I would have had yesterday. And I did only eat one piece of gingerbread. And I had a clementine when I was really looking for junk food. And I kept my portion of chili and rice (white -- we ran out of brown, and I haven't been to the grocery store in a while) small. So I think I edged a little bit back towards the healthy path, but I'm not exactly being very self-denying yet.

It did snow, though not as much as they predicted, and I probably could have gotten to the gym but everything else was cancelled today and the kids were having such a fun day that I decided not to drag them out. So I did a 30 minute Walk, with Cecilia for the first mile and hand weights for the second.

Tomorrow is weigh-in. Based on what I've been seeing all week, unless a miracle occurs, I'm going to be about where I was last week. Sigh.

No comments: