Saturday, December 17, 2005

Barbeque coma

Yesterday was the college's holiday party, so I pretty much spent the entire day eating. Eggs and toast for breakfast, almonds for snack, then I skipped my normal lunch so I could eat at the party--half of a pulled pork barbeque sandwich, cole slaw, a wedge of pecan pie (about half the size of a normal piece) and a chocolate cookie. Then I had a beer and a wedge of quesadilla (did I spell that right?) afterwards. Skipped dinner because I just wasn't hungry, but after driving around looking at lights with the kids, I came home and had a bowl of ice cream.

And of course I didn't exercise--I fell asleep on the sofa while the kids were watching their bedtime video, then I kept dozing off while reading to Claire, so as soon afterwards as I could, I went to bed.

Next week I really need to get to the gym a few times! With all of my evenings eaten up with Christmas preparations, I'm not sure I'm going to have time to do my evening exercise DVD's (I think I only managed twice this week) but I want to get some kind of exercise in. I think it's unrealistic to expect to lose weight over the holidays, but I'd at least like to maintain my current weight. I'm still down after my stomach illness, and I'd like to keep it this way! I was at 140.6 this morning (a half pound away from my initial goal of 140!!!).

No comments: