Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Off to a good start...

That is scarcasm... (although, my weight was 203.8 this morning). It is sarcasm since I was sitting there eating my breakfast of FOUR Samoas as I read the blog. Ugh. Just to clarify, Julie, the numbers that count for our challenge have to be on a weigh in day. So my 2.4 pound loss since yesterday does NOT get me halfway there... Sigh.

Well - last night Katie and I were once again out carousing. We went to Bateman's for the final in the karaoke contest she was in. She didn't win. She SHOULD have won. She was - no doubt - by far the best one there... The girl who DID win I can not for the life of me figure out why. Her fast song was a Metallica song (which was bad enough) but it had virtually no lyrics - so she just jumped around up front for 10 minutes or whatever. I was horrible! The second and third place people were OK (definitely not as good as Katie) but I didn't mind them placing - except for that fact that they SHOULD have placed after Katie. I think the mistake we made in our thinking was to believe that karaoke is judged on musical ability. It just isn't. More than half of the judges were drunk by the end of the contest - and Katie had to go first - so they had forgotten about her by the end - and they had no idea of anyone's talent anyway. Oh well. Katie - forget Karaoke! Go for a REAL singing contest!!!

I always seem to manage to eat pretty well during the day and then no so much at night. This is - I think - still progress. At least I am managing to eat calorie useful foods throughout the day - which leaves me not as hungry at night - so even though I am more prone to snack at night - I am no where NEAR as bad as I was at one time.

I have a lot to get done today. I have to find Kirsten a Christmas present. I have no idea what to get her!! Sigh. I also have to wrap presents, finish and mail off Cecilia's stocking, do my Christmas cards, and plenty more. I'd better get off the computer!!

No comments: