Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Soup

When I finally felt like eating yesterday, Brian went out and bought me soup. Do you know how many varieties of chicken soup there are? Regular Campbells chicken noodle, chicken with rice, Healthy Request chicken noodle (all of the noodles, none of the flavor), Mega-noodle, homestyle chicken noodle (which means they include actual chicken and vegetables), etc. He got them all for me; I had the Healthy Request with some saltine crackers. I had this for lunch and dinner, then finished it up for a bedtime snack. The entire can of soup has 150 calories, and I only had four saltines with each bowl, but I still felt uncomfortably full after eating. I also had flat Coke for breakfast and some flat ginger ale with lunch and dinner. And I had a tootsie roll that was a big mistake.

Today I'm feeling much better. I was still just 139 this morning, but that'll probably go up over the next few days as I start eating normally again. I brought my gym bag today and will try to get over there between meetings (I have one meeting that goes until 2:30 and another at 4:00), braving the cold to get there. There is a "munch and mingle" going on throughout campus today--visit the different offices, see their decorations, eat their treats. I'm not even tempted. See? Lots of benefits from the stomach flu!

No comments: