Friday, December 23, 2005

The good and the bad

The bad first: at the potluck lunch today, I had a piece of pizza (and deliberately took the largest one!), salad, fruit, corn pudding, and a hunk of baked brie and water crackers, along with a *real* Coke (they were out of Diet--I did look!) and three Tagalongs for dessert.

The good: afterwards, I went shopping at Target and since I had some time to kill I tried on a couple of pairs of size 10 pants, just to see how I was doing. The khakis (traditional fit, so an actual waistband at the waist) fit pretty well; the jeans (midrise, so had to fit around my hips) I could fasten but they were tight. But they looked awesome--I looked really thin in them! So now I'm extra motivated to lose eight or ten more pounds so I can buy them and look great. I'll have to get new underwear too--cotton briefs just don't work with low cut jeans!

1 comment:

Julie S said...

Way to go Sarah!!! That has to be a wonderful feeling!