Friday, December 23, 2005

I've been remarkably well behaved.

All things considered, this week could have been much worse--I've been to the gym twice (haven't managed evening exercise, and probably won't), ate really reasonably every day, including evenings. I've been letting myself have a slice of that chocolate chip cake each day, but now it's gone (and Connor kept swiping my pieces, the little thief), but I balanced that with smaller portions of dinner. On Wednesday when I went to that BSO Alumni Party I only had two drinks, no bar food, then came home and had an egg and toast for dinner. I'm managing to either lose or maintain--my weight is fluctuating, as usual, but I've been down as low as 139.8 and not above Tuesday's 141.2.

Now the real challenge begins, though--cookies and candy for the next week. A pizza party at lunch today and I promised Claire pizza for dinner tonight as well. No exercise until at least Monday because I have too much to do.

OTOH, you all will be pleased to hear that I got less Christmas candy this year than in previous years, and it has to stretch to more people, so we'll get smaller bags of candy than usual. I'm debating what to do about the candy house--I'd feel really bad not filling it up, but I know if I fill it up, I'll eat it all!

3 comments:

Amy said...

You forget... Santa left a bag of candy at my house for stockings too... But the more people should help. I also have nuts for those who don't have allergies. Do you have apples and oranges?

Sarah said...

Oranges, yes. Apples, no--we stopped doing them because there's just no room in the stockings!

Emily said...

Fill up the house with things that are less tempting! I'd buy all peppermints if I had a house -- Daniel and I keep a bag of those in each car and one in the house, and we only eat them when we need a quick breath freshener or when we are fighting an upset stomach, but the kids still see it as candy and they'll eat them as though they're something fun. Just a thought.