Thursday, February 01, 2007

Did I snack last night?

Help me decide. I came home from work, we ate immediately (small serving of ravioli--270 calories) then left for a basketball game (not a normal activity for us--the Brownies were doing the flag ceremony at the UMBC game). We drove another Brownie to the game and she brought bags of popcorn to share. I ate one bag (about a cup of light microwaved popcorn--roughly 50 calories). Then when I got home, I had a pear. So my total intake for the evening was really very good and healthy, and I avoided a LOT of other temptations--we have cake and potato chips at home, and the girls each bought some snacks from the snackbar at the game as well and I didn't eat any of this. So I snacked, but it wasn't the mindless caloric gorge that I'm trying to avoid. So I can't decide if I should give myself the $1 reward for the day or not! And FWIW, I both went to the gym AND walked Davey yesterday, although it was a very short walk (maybe a mile).

Completely off the subject--the game was more fun than I expected it to be. Claire was totally into it in a way that surprised me. I thought she'd like it for the first ten minutes or so and then get bored and want to leave. She wanted to stay for the whole game and was upset when UMBC lost. The girl we brought didn't seem to care about the basketball but was totally into the dancers (who really should be doing some work on their abs--only two or three of them looked good in their sparkly sports bra tops--the rest were all jiggly and pooky and saggy and untoned. I wouldn't have been caught dead wearing a revealing top like that if my body weren't up to it! They also weren't much better than the Mercy field day dancers.). Claire liked their pom poms but preferred the actual game. So we may take her back from time to time.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I don't count that as snacking -- if you had any room for whole grains and fruits in your diet, then they're healthy food. It only counts if you have already had too much of those foods during the day. So give yourself the $1.

Amy said...

It is healthy to eat low calorie, high fiber snacks on a regular basis. It keeps your metabolism pumping and yourself from breakdown gorging by keeping your stomach partially full... I vote for the $1 too.