Monday, February 19, 2007

Terrible since Tuesday

Tuesday was the last time I exercised. On Wednesday it was Valentine's Day, so we spent the evening making a nice dinner and just generally eating and drinking too much. Thursday Daniel had to give his make-up exam, since it got iced out on Tuesday, and then I had to go straight to choir when he got home. On Friday it was Alexander's birthday and the Crawfords were here. So we had pizza and cake. On Saturday the Crawfords were still here, and Daniel wasn't because of a Graduate Recruiting Weekend event, so I couldn't really take off and exercise -- but I probably should have, since I wound up running errands anyway! Then we went out to dinner that night (and I ate fairly lightly -- I ordered salmon with pesto and roasted bell peppers over pasta, but what came was grilled salmon with three sauces and the only sauce I wanted was pesto, and it wasn't over pasta -- but I drank wine) and Daniel's mom made lemon merangue pie for dessert (and I could have had a free dessert at the restaurant since they screwed up, and they make such good cannoli! Phooey! But the pie was good, too). And yesterday we had church in the morning and then I spent all afternoon getting ready for Xander's birthday party today and getting ready for my Stampin' Up! party tonight. And tonight I have Xander's birthday party and the SU party, so no exercise again. Meanwhile, Valentine's Day apparently served as license to eat and drink as I see fit until the sweets are gone, which they're not yet because we still have half a huge cake and half a lemon merangue pie and now a whole normal-sized cake for today, plus the chocolate Daniel gave me for my birthday. Phooey again.

This whole week is likely to be bad. We might have time to exercise Wednesday but we'll have to keep it light because we will have been fasting. Tomorrow night Daniel has to go out, and it's Mardi Gras so the food will be less than stellar again. Thursday I have a second SU party. Friday will, at last, be normal. Meatless, but normal otherwise. My food will necessarily improve as of Wednesday because of the fasting and the no-sweets promise I plan on making for Lent (with a birthday cake exception for Amy's party, of course). But, ugh, I feel so gross after not exercising and not eating well!

No comments: