Monday, February 12, 2007

My weekend

Of course Amy and I weren't as good as we intended to be over the weekend--who were we fooling anyway? But it was a combination of good and bad behavior. We didn't get to the gym at all (although I did go on Friday), we never went out for a huge breakfast, but we were entirely sedentary the whole weekend, survived off of our healthy snack food for most of the weekend, but went to dinner on Friday night (I had 3/4 of a chicken quesadilla appetizer at dinner and at the Meet and Greet I ate two of those filo-wrapped spinach things and a few pieces of melon and two beers) and again on Saturday night (where we pigged out on burgers and milkshakes). On Sunday morning we each had a maple oatmeal scone from Starbucks. Oh! And we went to Starbucks twice, both times getting fancy lattes instead of more reasonable plain coffee. And we ate some chocolate that people threw on our table. We discovered that it's VERY difficult to avoid food at these weekends--we turned down a lot of stuff all throughout the weekend. What we actually ate was just a fraction of what was available. And we were probably the healthiest ones there in terms of our eating. People surrounding us had bowls of candy, containers of Pringles, boxes of cookies, etc. I never realized how bad it was! When we arrived there were piles of candy at each table and Amy and I, before doing anything else, pushed "our" candy onto someone else's table, but we weakened later in the day.

End result: this morning I weighed 136.4 again. I'm hoping that will go down before tomorrow's weigh-in, but I'm also hoping that it doesn't go down from getting the stomach virus that hit my whole family while I was gone! Poor Katie was taking care of the kids when Brian came home from work sick as a dog, so she stayed with the kids and took care of them while *they* got sick, then for her troubles she came down with the virus last night.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Poor Katie! I think you owe her a present! And don't worry about your weight going up -- it always goes up on Monday and then drops a bit for Tuesday, so you're not in bad shape!

Julie S said...

I am sick now too. Whatever is making tis way around stinks. Although for me and for the other folks I know who have experienced it, it has been very short lived. 24 hrs of feeling weird, but only a little bit of throwing up, etc.