Friday, February 02, 2007

Stuffing myself with starches

My healthy eating caved in this afternoon around 3:00. In retrospect it is almost certainly because I wasn't eating enough -- I should have had some fruit and veggies and water and I wouldn't have been quite as munchy. I had my normal breakfast, and then I was busy all morning so I ate nothing until my yogurt lunch (no HFCS, it turns out!) with a couple of pretzels. Then I went through three rounds of almonds after lunch, and finally I went after the ginger snaps -- I ate at least six, and three is equivalent to a serving of grains! -- as well as the crumbs of the cat cookies (Alexander left the open container sitting next to me).

I did get to the gym today and did 45 minutes on the bike, as well as two rounds on the chest press and two on the hamstring curl machine (at a great level -- my legs are feeling it now). Then I went to my Stampin' Up night and had premeditated pizza (the two tiniest slices I could find, so really just one slice) but also two or three 1" candy bars. And when I got home I went through another round of 8 almonds and a serving of pretzels, and then Daniel revealed that when he bought pizza for the kids tonight he also bought parmesan bread sticks, so I ate two of those!! All told, today I've had at least eight servings of starch, well over my usual goal of five. And the candy doesn't fit into any category of healthy eating!

I've only exercised three times this week. Tomorrow I'm going to get dressed into my exercise clothes in the morning, and then I'll have to work out or I'll freeze. That will be my fourth. NEXT week my goal is to work out four times with the extra day happening BEFORE Saturday!

No comments: