Wednesday, February 28, 2007

A pound a day

That's what I've lost this week. On Monday I was 136.something, thanks to a weekend of overindulgence, but got my Tuesday dip for weigh-in day so I was 135.6, then my period started so today I'm 134.4. I just hope I can maintain that! Hard to know at this point if it's an actual achievement or just a fluke. Yesterday's food wasn't especially good or bad--all my usual stuff during the day, a pasta and chicken and peppers and tomatoes thing for dinner, then shared popcorn with Brian at night. So that shouldn't have led to a drop in weight, and usually losing weight because of my period is because I *gained* it in water retention right before. So we'll see.

And why exactly did I give up sweets for Lent? The stores are all full of my favorite candy--jelly beans and Cadbury chocolate and maple cream eggs. It's torture. But maybe this will give me a chance to get back down to 132ish before Easter and then I can indulge without too much guilt!

No comments: