Thursday, February 15, 2007

No such luck

I have not been sick - THANK GOODNESS! I am hoping I DID dodge that bullet. I guess if I was going to get it I would have already. I can't honestly tell you when the last time I had a stomach bug actually was. The only one I really remember is the one I got the night of my graduation from high school - so - over 20 years ago. I have thrown up - but that has usually been activity related. I have felt sick to my stomach since then - and I have had NUMEROUS events of the other end issues - but clear cut, virus that makes me throw up - nothing. Maybe since I have so many stomach issues anyway I have just learned to ignore them... I don't know. I DO know I have had some of the worst gas in the past five days... I wonder if that is my body's interpretation of the most recent virus. Of course, I don't lose weight through gas alone. I have been very sleepy lately - and have gone to bed by 11 all week - which is unheard of for me - so maybe it was a variation on a virus. Or maybe it was the sauerkraut, hummus and bean burritos that I have had this week. High fiber, good nutrion - bad gas. OR - Maybe it was the sugar I ate on Tuesday, the white flour and cheese I had yesterday and today (in the form of a spinach roll up). Tonight I am having FISH and BROWN RICE and VEGETABLES and NO MORE SUGAR!

I have been bad enough with my eating and exercise that I am willing to count this week as time off. I have bad food scheduled for my birthday this weekend (IHOP for Breakfast, Sushi for dinner) and then Tuesday is Mardi Gras - which means more IHOP. Maybe since we will have just eaten at IHOP on Sunday I will be more inclined to forego the yummy foods for healthier ones. NAAAAA - One day is my birthday and the other one is PANCAKE day - you don't have egg white omlettes on PANCAKE day!!!!


Exercise this week - so far has been about an hour of shoveling yesterday. I don't know about you Emily, but shovelling DEFINITELY gets my heart rate up. Of course, our drive way doesn't allow for snow tossing. It has to be scooped up and then moved a good 10 fee or so, so it won't be in the way of another car. Grrr. Katie just spent about an hour and a half today chipping away at the ice piles that built up between our cars from our shoveling yesterday.

3 comments:

Julie S said...

I wanna go to IHOP....that sounds AWESOME to me right now. I am really hungry...

Sarah said...

"Activity related!" Hee-hee. Good euphamism!

Didn't you get that horrible stomach virus in 2000/2001? I thought we all got it--it hit right around the new year--I woke up in the wee hours of New Year's Day really sick to my stomach. That was one of the worst I remember--I was enormously pregnant and I couldn't even keep water down! That and the other horrible one when Claire was three weeks old and we both got it while on the road in an ice storm. That was pretty awful.

Amy said...

Nope - I may have had it in diarrhea form - but no throwing up that I recall. Seriously - I can't remember the last time (unless the last time was when I was in high school...).