Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Weight or Waist

I can't get out of the weight concept mode. I was 215.8 this morning (.2 higher than yesterday). I was very discouraged... But then I remembered to measure my waist. That was much more encouraging. My narrowest part was 35.5 (it was 37 last week) and my belly button waist was 37.5 today (where it was 39.25 last week!!). Women are supposed to be around 32 inches - with 37" as the level where you start to be concerned about health issues due to belly fat. Last week's measurements were higher than the ones a few days before that (but it wasn't on a weigh in day, so I counted the Tuesday ones). Since Iam still not sure which waist measurement I am supposed to be using - I am going with the higher one. I have 1.5" to go to get PAST the health issue concern level. I think it is like my BMI. I am like half a point into the Obease level. All I want to do is get to plain old overweight.

Katie went shopping yesterday to restock our larder. Hee hee. She called me from the grocery store. Did you know it is VERY hard to find a cereal with 4g of sugar or less!! Well - plain Cheerios are ok - but I have NEVER liked them. I don't even like the smell of them!! I have to re-read the book. I stopped referring to it almost as soon as we started the diet.

Last night I did walk. I did 16 minutes while Katie was cooking dinner - and then, since I was dressed for it - I got back on afterwards and did another 21 minutes. It was a good walk. I was energized enought that I COULD have done a weight training tape too - but my living room floor is covered in scrapbook suppies and my bedroom floor is covered in (clean) laundry. So - I decided to save that workout for tonight...

No comments: