Sunday, February 11, 2007

Evil Girl Scout cookies

The Girl Scouts aren't evil, just their cookies. We have 105 boxes (well, only 103 now) in our house, though only 10 are ours. And that's more than enough. I had this crazy idea that I'd be able to stick to eating one after lunch and one after dinner and that would be it. Ha! I ate 5 Samoas, 4 Thin Mints, at least one Lemonade -- maybe two -- and one or two Thanks-a-Lots. All yesterday. So I'm setting up ground rules. I can eat a cookie for every 15 minutes of exercise I do, and one for every full bottle of water I drink. The water is sort of a cop-out, because it takes so little time, but I don't drink enough water, and if I drink too much I start to feel gross, so it will put sort of an upper bound on the cookie eating.

Today I got out and hacked at the ice at the end of our driveway and down our sidewalk. I started out planning only to do 10 minutes -- just enough to clear a narrow path across the end of the driveway, because I've been worrying about the school kids walking on it -- but it went so successfully that I kept at it. I wound up clearing our entire sidewalk, except one smallish patch that is so solid the shovel wouldn't break through it, and I broke through to the portion the neighbors had barely cleared on one side, and I cleared a narrow path through the other neighbor's sidewalk mess all the way to the corner. So I did an hour of exercise today without meaning to! And I've had a bottle of water, so now I have five Girl Scout credits (GSCs) earned.

Lent is in ten days, so I have to earn all the GSCs I can before then!

No comments: