Thursday, February 01, 2007

So not a TOTAL waste

Yesterday I was pretty good about my eating - except I ate a large handful of walnuts after dinner - and had a elderly candy cane earlier in the day. The walnuts (maybe half of what I ate) ARE on my diet - the candy cane is not. I did, however, eat my sawdust for breakfast, my mashed sweet potatoes and pork left overs for lunch and an apple for an afternoon snack. I also had applesauce as my evening snack (it went really well with the walnuts). So - not perfect- but not horrible either...

I walked last night... 32 minutes. I am still marvelling over the fact that when walking it is TORTURE for the first 20 minutes (seriously - I started watching the clock after 32 SECONDS last night!) but the last 10 minutes or so are no big deal. I also did the thigh exercises on one of my 10 minute work outs. I am trying to remember what my book says about the weight training. I am trying to remember if it was 20 minutes 3 days a week - or 10 minutes 3 times a week... Either way I remember thinking that my 10 minute workouts would be good for that - and it was no big deal... Well - the Thigh workout was tough, but not as hard for me as 10 of high aerobics - which about kill me!!! My only problem was my left knee was hurting so bad that I don't know if I got as good of a workout on that leg as I would have liked. I was fine with the exercises that were in a sustained position - but that darn up and downing on that knee about killed me!!! I need to have that checked.

Today - right now I should do it - I am going to contact the dietician that Katie was recommended and that is on my list of BCBS doctors. I want to know what she can do for me - if anything...

No comments: