Saturday, February 03, 2007

Terrible, horrible, no good very bad day

Only diet wise - work wise everything was fine (as work goes). However, They were having a bake sale at work for one of the other team members - so I bought a brownie and two tiny cinnamon rolls -and then ate them. Then last night Katie was babysitting Lex while Charles was playing in Essex - so I was on my own for dinner. It was snowing - so I sent out for Pizza - according to my book if you HAVE to have pizza you should get the very thin crust (which I did) with veggies on it (YUCK!) I got cheese with sausage - but there was VERY LITTE sausage. Anyway - that was at about 7pm last night. As of right now - it is all gone. I ate the whole pizza in a little over 12 hours. THAT IS TERRIBLE!! Then since I ate so much my stomach hurt - so I went to sleep early - no exercise. I had it for breakfast this morning - and I just finished it off for an early lunch - so my stomach is too full AGAIN!

I was 214.4 this morning - 1 pound up from yesterday - and it serves me right!!

Regarding HFCS - it is really any simple sugars; white, brown, corn, anything (so if it the ingredients says more than 4g of sugar you are supposed to avoid it...) BUT - Emily, what kind of yogurt were you eating that had none?

3 comments:

Emily said...

Oh. It had plenty of sugar -- 28 grams in 6 ounces of yogurt, oh my! -- but it wasn't specifically HFCS. Just plain sugar. I knew it wasn't particularly good for me, I was just surprised that it *didn't* use corn syrup.

I absolutely love the full-fat plain yogurt. I liked the plain well enough that one time I even tried getting the fat-free -- bleah!! It was terrible! So if I'm going to be eating yogurt, it's going to be sugar-sweetened.

Sarah said...

Stonyfield Farms yogurt doesn't have HFCS and it does have fiber (not much, mind you--just 2 grams, but that's 2 grams more than Dannon has). Tastes good, too.

I keep thinking I want to try to make my own yogurt. Amy, do you still have that yogurt maker thing? I have directions for making yogurt without one of those, but that's more of a pain.

Emily said...

Out of curiosity, I looked at the plain carton -- the full fat plain yogurt is actually lower in calorie than what I've been eating (Kroger generic -- I like Dannon a little better but not enough to pay full price). Maybe I should switch!