Friday, February 02, 2007

149 yesterday, 148 today

We'll see if it lasts though....that will be the true test.

I'm updating this based on Sarah's comment...

My food yesterday was totally ridiculous and I know it...breakfast was a pop tart, lunch was half of a bagel with cream cheese and dinner was a fruit roll up (the slightly more grown up fruit leather kind) and a nutragrain bar. I had another fruit roll up with I got home from school at 9 pm with a glass of chocolate milk. I mean, the pop tart was probably 200 calories, the nutragrain bar 120, and the two fruit foll ups together were 80 (40 each according to the box.) The chocolate milk was fat free, so maybe 120 given the hershey's syrup? WAY below a reasonable calorie count for an entire day by all means.

It's just that when I stress, I first lose sleep and then food becomes absolutely unappealing, and when I do eat I feel like I want to throw up (never do just for the record.) My sleep has been reduced to about 3-4 hours per night for like the last 4 or 5 months. It is all goofed up. For instance I slept last night from 9 -10 pm, then I was up until 3:30, then slept until 6 when I got up for work. The food thing generally comes and goes pretty quickly, and this is just a point where it has been most of this week. Today hasn't been any better. I threw most of my blueberry muffin away this morning, but I am going to go to the bookstore at lunch and swing by the soup place on my way back. I shoud be able to choke down some vegetable or tomato soup.

I am going to exercise over the weekend but actually eat so hopefully I will still be able to maintain the 140s now that I've gotten a taste for them. I need to get adjusted to having school responsibilities again on top of everything else, and I imagine it'll take me at least another week to do that.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

That's amazing! Congratulations, and I hope that it DOES last (although if you keep dropping a pound a day, we're sending you to the hospital).

Amy said...

Isn't it funny - when I show the most weight loss progress it is almost TOTALLY unrelated to what Iam eating/doing, but more on circumstances. I don't eat much when I am stressed either - and - like you I go for the high sugar carbs (self medicating) but that is when I lose weight. I dropped 20 pounds in about 2 months back when Paul and I broke up - and the only things I remember eating the WHOLE time is 1/2 a blueberry muffin, a Symphony chocolate bar and some Butterfinger Ice Cream Bon Bons. I know it was really a combination of NO calories and stress - but I went from 165 to 145 and I maintained that weight for almost three years. THEN I started my sudden increase culminating with my current weight 10 years later... Sigh