Thursday, February 22, 2007

No food for YOU!

Well - No ITALIAN food for me anyway - no trip to Italy next week. Oh well. Easy Come - Easy Go as they say.

That makes my Lenten Resolutions easier. Katie and I are going meatless. (except for my party - but I don't know if meat will be a real problem there anyway - and except in vegetables... Katie and I make our vegetables with Chicken broth and one of our green bean dishes is flavored a bit with bacon - so those are on the approved list - as is sea food - but seafood is just swimming vegetables anyway). I was CONSIDERING making my resolution to EXERCISE every day (not Sundays) but I feel pretty sure that I will fail at that - so, I haven't done it YET. I have to decide on that one by the end of the day...

Oh! Here was my best consideration... I was thinking of giving up jewelry for lent. Not buying or making jewely - WEARING it. I couldn't do it. Maybe next year.

My weight (post IHOP) yesterday was 215.6 today it was 215.2.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I'm so sorry that Italy fell through! Good luck with all your resolutions -- that's pretty major stuff. I am off sweets, as you know, and now I'm considering going mostly meatless. It will be hard to do without imposing on everyone else in the house, but at least my lunch won't have meat. And I'll abstain from bacon on Sundays -- now THAT will be a sacrifice!

Sarah said...

Brian and I have done meatless Lents a few times and it really isn't that difficult. We *do* allow fish (we follow the Friday rules) but we cook a lot from the Vegetarian Times cookbook plus standard meatless stuff like beans and rice, cheese ravioli, etc. I never feel deprived (I was never much of a meat fan anyway) so it hardly feels like a Lenten thing, but it's also something the rest of the family conforms to easily. Honestly, I don't even think Claire notices!