Monday, February 05, 2007

So-so weekend

I did actually exercise on Saturday -- I got dressed as I planned to and did the 4-mile walk video. It was a fairly decent workout, though not as challenging as the short ones. (But I ate half a clementine and a number of raisins while I was exercising, because Cecilia had abandoned them and I didn't want good fruit to go to waste -- and I was thirsty so the clementine was very appealing.) Since I'd done such a substantial leg workout on Friday I felt this in my legs, but it wasn't too bad, and I suspect it kept me from hurting worse on Sunday, since it got the muscles warm and had me doing some stretching.

But my food the rest of the weekend was not very good. Yesterday I had a doughnut at church, then a waffle at home, then a dry waffle later. In the afternoon I ate half a bag of popcorn (but it was the SmartPop so it was only around 100 calories) and a handful of almonds. For dinner both days I had Brunswick stew -- that, at least, is quite healthy. But I had dessert of a scoop of very rich ice cream both nights, too. And chips of some sort both nights -- last night it was mostly goldfish, but I had a few tortilla chips and salsa. I ate a big slice of pizza for lunch on Saturday. (I'm doing a brain dump here -- I can't seem to remember everything I ate but it wasn't good!) Oh, and I ate a Heath bar yesterday! I'd been carrying it around for two days (sale at Kroger -- 20 cents!) and resisted it, but then I went to Walmart and that is such a horrible experience that I felt I'd earned the candy bar. For shame. I also had a glass of port last night, but that's not all that caloric in the grand scheme of things, especially if that's all the alcohol I have!

Anyway, it was the weekend, when the rules are a bit relaxed. Now I'm back to following the diet strictly. So far today I've had my usual breakfast, and now lunch of tuna and whole wheat toast (with margarine and a smudge of strawberry preserves on the last three bites). This afternoon I'll be going to the gym. This week I'm going to do my fourth day of exercise before Friday, and I'm going to eat well all week.

No comments: