Monday, February 12, 2007

Well that stinks!

I was finishing up my day at work today by posting on the blog (weigh UP to 216!! 2 pounds from Friday - no exercise - bad food... nothing all that interesting...) when the fire alarms started going off. We had to evacuate.

Luckily I had the foresite to grab my jacket - but I didn't think to grab my purse with my car keys... not that it would have mattered because I didn't have time to shut down my computers. We ended up standing out in the cold for about 20 minutes. Towards the end I thought that I COULD have been walking at this point instead of standing there shivering. But by then it was all over.

What happened (aparently) is that there were five water main breaks in Towson that caused a surge in the water pressure (up or down I don't know...) but THAT resulted in triggering our fire alarm (which was also happening to many other companies in the area. What a pain in the tush...

On another note entirely... I was just looking at the 13 pages I did this weekend (YIPPEE!!) and I am pleased with all of them. Sarah and I both hit our goals (me to do 12 pages and to use two fibers on each page, and Sarah to finish the pages she had planned papers for...which happened to be 12 also). We took two great classes - met four new scrapbooking superstars (well, two SUPER stars, and two regular stars) spent minimal amounts of money and had a FABULOUS time! Seriously, it was really great! The group of women at this crop were definitely of a higher caliber than ones we have met in the past. There were many who looked familiar though. There were none of the goofy contests, the classes were of a MUCH higher caliber, even the vendors were selling more interesting stuff. It was a complete and total success - and we are planning to go again next year. I hope you all will consider planning ahead to go to this too... It will be about the same time of year (Scrap-Bowl it was called - or something like that...)

No comments: