Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Didn't dodge the bullet

I've spent the last 24 hours sick as a dog. It totally stinks that work closed for the day and I would have had to have been off anyway for a sick day! It started last night so I didn't do any pilates as I had planned, but believe it or not I DID exercise today, if you count a half hour walking the dog in the snow as exercise. I don't think it did much for my heart rate, but it was tough going to trudge through the snow. And of course my calorie count for the day is way down. I had a bowl of soup for dinner. I think this is the first time in nearly six years (since I was pregnant with Connor) that I didn't have coffee all day!

But I love checking the scale when I'm sick. I was 136.2 yesterday morning, then this morning I was down to 135.4, then over the course of the day I went down as low as 133.8 before going back up a bit. None of this means anything--I'll be back up to my pre-illness weight in a day or two--but it provides some amusement when you're sick.

No comments: