Monday, February 05, 2007

HORRIBLE weekend

Even by MY standards. First - I have to say I am mad, because I wrote a post or a comment - or something - last night, but I hadn't signed in first... So I copied it, then tried to sign in so I could paste it into the proper place - but the darn system wouldn't let me sign in!!! It wouldn't recognize me. So - basically now I am having to re-write what I have already written.

I ate a whole pizza. Granted - it was over several meals - but all told - it was only about a 16 hour time frame. It was an ultra thin crust pizza - which (according to my book) if you have to get pizza that is the kind to get. The toppings seemed remarkably skimpy too. I got Italian Sausage, and there were probably only 2-3 lumps per slice - and the lumps were smaller than 1/2" - But even so! I at the whole thing!!!

Then that is all I ate until Saturday night when I had a bunch of cracked nuts (I had to crack them) and then some already cracked walnuts and a box of raisins. Katie and I went to Christopher Daniel on Saturday, where I proceeded to drink FIVE (count em FIVE) Ciders. I barely caught a buzz - must have been all the fat and protein in my mixed nut dinner. Sunday I had a chicken quesadilla for brunch then shrimp and pasta for dinner and also for late dinner... three meals total - just at odd times. I think that is actually all I ate... OH! No! I forgot! In addition to my pizza that I gorged on I ordered cinnamon sticks - which are REALLY good - but are basically just pizza dough with cinnamon and sugar sprinkled on them. I ate all of them too. I didn't eat the icing that came with them.


I didn't exercise at all. I barely even thought about it. My stomach was SO FULL from all of the bad food I ate that I couldn't haul my fat carcus to the treadmill to work any of it off.

I called a nutritionist this morning and made an appointment for March 20th. I don't think my insurance will cover this - so it will end up costing me a minimum of $100. I am approaching this as a covering all bases tactic. I want to see if there is anything I may have missed before I give up altogether.

OH - BTW - I contacted the accupuncture guy that everyone referred me to - he doens't do weight loss (even though I SWEAR his website said he did!). I dreamed last night that I met with a nutritionist and in my dream I was going through all of my "good" habits with her. I didn't mention the pizza in my dream. 8-)

I think I just need to conclude that I am really good at retaining calories - and my life is just too sedentary. So - I need to reduce my calories and increase my exercise. I need to go back to tracking every crumb - even if I am not counting the actual calories... I need to get back to knowing exactly what I have eaten. It shouldn't be that hard - since I really dont' eat that frequently. I also need to get back to the Atkins/Fat Flush habit of NO SUGAR whatsoever. I don't actually have much sugar in my life - but the whole grain cereal I ate this monring was definitely sweetened in some way. Kristy said that she would start walking with me daily, once it it is no longer 4 degrees out!!! I hate giving up my free time to exercise. I do like being able to do it in my own home though. So - If I walk 15-20 minutes at work, I can do a 10 minute video at home - and another 10-15 minutes on the treadmill.

No comments: