Monday, March 13, 2006

Yikes!

I got fat too. My weight this morning was 137 even--I was 132.4 the day I left for the cruise. I knew to expect a gain like that, not just because we ate like pigs but also because when I put on my jeans to come home yesterday, they fit (they had been loose the previous week). So this seems to be actual weight gain for me. I think I knew I was doomed when I checked out the calorie count of the "spa" meal in the dining room--that's the low-fat, healthy, low-calorie meal offered each day. THAT meal had about 700 calories (not counting dessert). If that's the healthy option, I don't like to think what we were taking in each day! But boy, it was good and I'll be happy to work on losing the 4.6 pound weight gain.

I'm not off to a good start, though. I haven't eating ANYTHING since returning home last night. That's not true--Brian made cheese quesadillas for dinner and I had about three bites. Breakfast this morning was coffee. I'm just not hungry in the least. Connor has been vomiting and having diarrhea as well, so that helps to kill my appetite. Maybe I'll get that stomach flu too and lose that weight quickly! But because of his stomach bug, he can't go to school today, which means that I have to leave work early, which means no lunch break, which means no gym. I'll be taking Davey for walks, though, and I'll do pilates tonight in between loads of laundry so I won't be a complete slug. With any luck, I might be able to drop a pound before our official weigh-in tomorrow!

1 comment:

Emily said...

NOW you know how I gained 8 pounds on my honeymoon! It was eight days long, so if I just ate about 4500 calories a day and got no exercise -- just slept (literally) and got up to go to the next meal -- that would be eight pounds. 4500 calories a day is NOT hard to do when the food is that good!!