Friday, March 10, 2006

Talking to myself again

Since there's nobody here but me this week -- Julie, Katie, Mom, where did you go? I haven't been very well-behaved this week in terms of exercise. Yesterday I finally did a 30 minute Walk and I did the Pilates "energy boost" workout, which was just 10 minutes but that meant I could squeeze it in after the walk during Mary's Brownies meeting. I thought the Pilates was going to be the same exercises as the ones on my beginner DVD, since it was the same disk, but she threw in a bunch of new things, and they came at me pretty rapidly. But most of them were easy and I didn't have to do the saw or the teaser, so I liked the workout. :)

I didn't exercise today. I took a child (Alexander) to the doctor to get diagnosed with an ear infection instead. Doesn't that sound like more fun, sitting for 45 minutes in a waiting room with a sick child and two bored well ones, waiting for a diagnosis I could have done myself, when it's sunny and 70 degrees outside? I mean, who would want to be exercising on a day like that? Sigh.

I have continued to avoid sweets quite successfully (but not always cheerfully) -- why is it I can keep a promise to God but not one to myself or to y'all? Sheesh. I guess I don't mean it unless I literally swear by God. Good thing I mean it then or I'd be in real trouble. Today I had my usual breakfast (but I forgot my OJ), lunch of yogurt, pretzels, string cheese, and canteloupe, and dinner of pizza with green peppers (provided by the church -- how is this a "Lenten meal" other than by being meatless?? I thought these were supposed to be simple meals), and I had a small caesar salad. I had a small glass of wine after we got home (Daniel's fault) but I think that's going to be it for me today. Yesterday I had my usual breakfast and yogurt for lunch, and we had cheeseburgers for dinner (we had to test out the new cheapo grill -- the old cheapo grill died a fiery death a couple of weeks ago). I don't remember all the snacks but it involved a fair amount of fruit and probably plenty of pretzels -- I need to come up with something else munchy and low-fat but not sweet, just for variety!

My weight was down to 137.5 (or was it .0?) this morning, which makes me happy; that's the lowest I've seen on a daily weigh-in. The doctor's scale even said 136. Hee hee! Two pounds away from jeans!

No comments: