Friday, March 03, 2006

Exercising grudgingly

Even though I said I was going to exercise today, I still kind of had all the excuses in the back of my head, so I didn't think I really was going to exercise today. But on the way home from the doctor's office I talked to Daniel and he told me he was at the gym -- phooey! I couldn't let him go and not get my rear end moving as well. So I met him at the gym and did 45 minutes on the bike -- actually 22 minutes on the upright bike, and then I switched to the recumbent bike for the remaining 23 minutes when my left leg started go to numb. Those are the hardest, most uncomfortable, awkwardly-designed seats I've ever used. Real bikes are much more comfortable (and more fun, too!). No one seems to use the upright bikes unless all the recumbent ones are full -- I wish they'd just switch over completely. But, anyway, I exercised today.

I had my usual breakfast, and then for lunch I had yogurt, a slice of whole wheat bread, some pretzels, and some leftover fruit salad from yesterday. Dinner was two slices of pizza with tomatoes plus a very small wedge of plain cheese. I didn't snack today, though both lunch and dinner stretched out over an hour apiece because I was doing other things at the same time. I probably had enough calories today (though I haven't counted) because of the pizza and I'm certainly not hungry now. But if I'm going to eat so little I need to find a way to get more vegetables! Actually I don't think I did so badly on other food groups -- I had enough grains (could have used some more whole grains, though) and dairy and fruit, and probably plenty of protein from the dairy, though no meat, obviously. I should get back to writing down what I'm going to eat in a day, because that makes me keep it balanced, but, ugh, I hate the effort involved -- it's so much easier not to think about my diet. Sigh.

No comments: