Thursday, March 02, 2006

Thursday night

Pancakes became a tradition for Fat Tuesday because people used them to use up all the fat in the house, since they were avoiding meat throughout Lent. There--I contributed something!

Since I don't have to fast, I have not been doing well. I had cereal early yesterday and today, and took the lunch I described to Sinai yesterday, but I also tucked in a few pieces of chocolate. I did share them with Dad, however, when he was back in his room, even though he could eat chicken for lunch as well as a lemon bar for dessert! Then I didn't eat again until after seven p.m. Mass. I fixed macaroni and cheese, and had a banana and more chocolate and two cookies for dessert!

Today I had yogurt and cookies and milk for lunch---and more chocolate. Later I had a clementine. For dinner we had pork roast with a fat free barbecue sauce, baked beans, a few chips and green salad --and you know what for dessert. The chocolate will soon be gone--it is some Valentine's Hershey's miniatures and some Ghirardelli squares with mint filling that Dad suggested we open. I had been planning to save those for Easter, but his sweet tooth is getting to be as bad as mine--he keeps up with me piece for piece, but he isn't on this weight loss program I am trying to be on---

No comments: