Thursday, March 23, 2006

Lots of sleep and cereal

That was my day yesterday. If I didn't know better I would have said I was sick. I KEPT falling asleep. It didn't help that I didn't get out of my jamies until 4:30 and that I was in bed or on the sofa all day... but neither one of those things are unusual factors in my life. What WAS unusual was that I took three or four naps... I may have been slightly sick because I was doing the very sweaty/cold thing and everytime I DID get out of bed I was vaguely dizzy.

I had cereal for breakfast, morning snack, afternoon snack - and probably more. I don't remember. I am addicted! I also was tired and it was convienent. I did pour a glass of V-8 at one point and I ate some leftover pork roast around lunch time. Katie and I had leftover salmon tossed with wholegrain pasta for dinner. And that was my eating for the day.

My weight yesterday was 206.2 and today was 205.4 so, it doesn't seem to have done me any real damage in the short term. I WAS planning to go to the gym yesterday - as well as do laundry, make a necklace, go to Sarah's and a few other things that didn't happen... Oh well. Today is a new day and I HAD to get up and dressed today.

I started reading Sidetracked Home Executives last night and was giggling at it. It is so much like me. Does anyone know of a book along the same lines for women who DON'T get to stay home all day? It is "easy" to divide your time into 15 minute cleaning spurts if you have more than one 15 minute chunk of time per day... but when you get home at 7pm and have to leave the next day at 7am that gives me about 12 hours of time to do everything, including make and eat dinner, and lunches for the next day, sleep and get ready for work. So I only HAVE about 15 minutes to devote to cleaning!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I do own it. I just bought it from Amazon and it came in yesterday. It is cute and funny. I like the assumption they have that you AREN'T doing any housework currently - which is why you are reading the book.

I really really think that if Katie and I both committ to 15 minutes of cleaning each night and an hour on Saturdays we could make great headway. I just have to get her to buy into it. I also know that I need her to motivate ME. It is a sorry state, but me hounding her is actually me hounding ME.