Monday, March 20, 2006

Going Up!

Ugh. I think I am PMSing. You would think after over 25 years of this I would KNOW when my period is coming... but nope. Saddly - I have NEVER been regular. I have no clue if I am PMS or just a greedy pig dog.

Saturday my weight was up to 205.8 - which is less than 1/2 a pound over the day before - which isn't too bad considering we went to Bonefish on Friday night. Then YESTERDAY I was at 207.4!!! This is bad. I can't remember what I ate on Saturday, but it must not have been good. Oh yeah... we did Let's Dish on Saturday. We had no lunch to speak of, then a pork roast with stuffing for dinner. I have a vague memory of snacking at some point - but obviously not enough to make an impression. I only had two very small mixed drinks on Saturday night. So I don't know what my excuse is for my weight gain. I didn't exercise at all - maybe that is it. OH! I did split a bag of corn chips (tiny bag) on Saturday night. I am craving salt. Yeah - it must be PMS.

THEN yesterday Katie and I went to Heather's for scrapbooking. We again didn't eat lunch before we left, and so we at a lot of her snacks. LOTS of potato chips and dip for me. Ugh. Then a few bites of fudge and several candy coated peanuts. Yum!! Again no exercise. We had a Mexican casserole for dinner. I had cereal before I went to bed. I ate too much all day on Sunday.

And it shows today! My weight was up to 208.4. Grrrr. I know this has been ALL MY FAULT this time around - but seriously, you guys have your binge days and manage NOT to gain three pounds. Katie - did you gain three pounds? You ate virtually everything I ate this weekend.

Anyway - so I am back to counting calories. I will have to report everything that passes my lips again this week. Bummer.

I just want to break the darn 200 mark - but I don't think it is going to happen. You know - my starting weight was 215.4 - which I think was inflated for me (I had been weighing around 210-212 most of that summer) which means in 6 months of concentrated diet and exericising I have lost about 4 pounds. I am beginning to think this isn't worth it.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Amy - we said at the beginning, IT'S NOT ABOUT THE WEIGHT. I know that's hard to believe and I know we all get caught up in how much we weigh -- I'm terrible about that -- but the point is you're doing your heart good and making changes for your long-term health. I know sometimes it doesn't seem like it's worth it. But the only real way to measure our success is 50 years down the road when our quality of life is good. Hang in there!!