Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Anyone else on a pogo stick here?

OK, this is getting really frustrating--for the past several weeks, my weight has been doing this...low of 134 in January, then up to 135.6 the next week, down to 135, up to 135.8, down to 134.2 (last week), back up to 135.8 today. Down, up, down, up, down, up.....ARGH!!! I don't feel like I've been particularly lazy with the dieting (food has been pretty normal, and I've been a little bit better about working out, but not great). I certainly haven't indulged! But I think perhaps I've hit a plateau. And I'm going to have to take some drastic measures to pull myself out of it. Either I need to start working out a LOT more, or cut my calories even more.

I think the working out will be the way to go for me. And it appears that will be starting tomorrow. I babysit for two of my students after school every other day or so, because their mom is a teacher in the county and doesn't want to have to pay for the ABC Care program for only the 20 minutes she needs someone. So I do it. And guess what she teaches? You bet--gym. blech. But she also teaches a few classes at a gym that has just opened here in Reisterstown, and she's conned me into coming to her body sculpting class tomorrow night. First class free! I wonder how much it would be to continue. I'd like to get into a regular gym routine, but I just can't afford the membership fees! If I were to sign up for this class, I feel like I would at least be committed to going, since I know the instructor and she would notice if I'm not there, and she knows where I work and where I live. ack!

This week, however, my goal is to post more frequently. With Amy and Sarah gone, it's bound to be quiet here! I'll try to pick up the slack.

1 comment:

Emily said...

LOL! I've been feeling like I need to post daily, too, to make up for some of their posts. Hee hee!

I'm not on a pogo stick, exactly, but I've been on a plateau -- but I know why, because I've been eating badly and not exercising enough. Ugh. Why is it so impossible to maintain the enthusaism of the first week/month of a diet??