Wednesday, March 15, 2006

finally

I was too embarassed to post earlier this week because I had gone up over 150 pounds. But finally, today, I was down to 149.5. I don't suppose it will stay down because I have had pasta every night this week--two nights spaghetti and meatballs and two nights salmon tetrazzini. I did have vegetable and salad both nights. Today I made a batch of Eagle Brand Magic bars from a kit. Dad had been after me to make some cookies to go with milk, and I had to ujse up these kits. I am going to resist buying any more mixes and kits, and, after these are used up I will only bake from scratch and try to do it in a healthy way!

We have been walking a lot more, but not the last two days. Monday we walked from the parking lot where the Auburn Society is allowed to park down to the enrollment services building and back, and I'm sure it was well over two miles round trip. The return trip was uphill, too, and it wore Dad out. With that strenuous day (he did gardening, too) and two pretty sleepless nights, he was a wreck on Tuesday--wobbly and unbalanced and feeling terrible. So we took the bus back and forth to our classes, and even that was hard on him because we had to stand and wait quite a while for the return bus. So no walking yesterday, and none today because it was so cold and windy, but we did do grocery shopping at Sam's and Wegmans', and that involved a good bit of walking. I don't know what the situation will be tomorrow. I have to go to the dermatologist, and we will do Trader Joe's while we are in Towson.

No comments: