Tuesday, March 14, 2006

137.5

Not my lowest weight ever -- that was 137.0 on Sunday -- but my lowest official weigh-in, so I'm pretty pleased. I won't have an official 135 before Saturday but there's a chance I could see an unofficial one before then, if I'm especially good. I'm not especially good so far, though -- today I had my usual breakfast, but I ate about two dozen pistachios instead of the half that I'd planned for a snack. But the day's not over and I still have a chance to be good all day!

Yesterday I got back to the gym for 45 minutes on the bike -- it's been a while since I was there and I felt stiff when I started, but after that it was pretty good. On Sunday I played basketball on the driveway for about 20 or 30 minutes; it wasn't exactly aerobic, but I did use my upper body muscles enough to be a bit achy yesterday. And the best part was that I wasn't thinking "exercise" when I did it -- I really just felt like getting outside and shooting hoops because it was a nice day and it's peak basketball season. It didn't occur to me until later that it counted! I also took the kids to the playground, so I was walking around and on my feet for a fair amount of time that day.

My food yesterday was not so good. I had my usual breakfast, and I had lunch of yogurt and a few bites of macaroni and cheese. Dinner was some of that kung pao tofu, which I'm pretty sure is bad for me -- it uses white rice (too much) and is almost certainly cooked with a lot of fat. I had snacks of pistachios (a lot), half a banana (I had to fight Cecilia for it -- she wanted to be carried all day (hey, more calories burned!) so she grabbed at anything I ate, and she loves bananas), a handful of grapes, and some pretzels (but not very many of those, for a change), and just before bedtime I ate a lot of the high-fat microwave popcorn. But I didn't drink a beer, though I was tempted to!

No comments: