Friday, March 03, 2006

Pretzels and more pretzels

Yesterday I was trying so hard not to eat sweets that I spent half the day eating pretzels, I think. Mary and I were in charge of snacks for her Brownies meeting, and she brought pretzels and a fruit salad (just mixed, chopped fruit -- we didn't do any dressing, which would scare off the Brownies!) so at that point I ate fruit, but afterwards I went back to snacking on pretzels. I have no idea how many I ate and I hope it wasn't as many as I think it might have been! But it was no doubt fewer calories than Girl Scout cookies would have been -- two Samoas are 140 calories, but it takes around 25 mini pretzels to hit that.

I had my usual breakfast yesterday, and lunch was tuna and pretzels (that's what got me started on them), and dinner was two slices of leftover pizza (with pepperoni and Italian sausage -- not at all low-fat but very yummy). I had snacks of a piece of string cheese and two rounds of almonds for 16 total, which isn't so bad. And I had the fruit and the pretzels, as I mentioned, and I ate a handful of raisins. I'm not measuring portions very well, and I'm not watching my balance of foods very carefully, but overall it's still an improvement over the past few months -- if I can keep this going!

I did not exercise yesterday; my usual time on Thursdays is during Brownies, but I had to attend half the meeting. I ran home and barely had time to clean up the fruit mess in the kitchen before it was time to go back. Then we got home and ate dinner, and then I almost immediately had to leave for Choir. Then we had to get the kids to bed, and I finished that up after 9 sometime. If I were really motivated I would have exercised then, but instead I made the M&T for tonight's stamping night (not a show, just the monthly get-together), and then it was bedtime and I was late and cranky and I didn't think my M&T was any good, for all that.

Today I have to figure out how to sneak exercise in -- it will probably be between the kids' doctor's appointment (Cecilia and Alexander are due for check-ups) and the stamping. So I almost certainly won't get to the gym for it, but I can't take another day off!

No comments: