Wednesday, March 22, 2006

In search of saltiness

Yesterday, late afternoon, I started craving salt. I ate a bunch of pistachios and they didn't taste salty! I switched to almonds and even they didn't taste salty, and they always do to me, so then I knew something was weird. I also ate a piece of string cheese and a handful of raisins then, since I was definitely munchy and I was hoping I was wrong about the salt craving. I wasn't -- I still wanted something salty (but not straight salt, ick, though the idea crossed my mind just because I was wondering if even that had flavor to me!) but eventually I gave up. The good news is that after dinner I wasn't in a mood to snack at all! I can't help but think this is PMS, though it's hard to tell right now where I might be in my cycle; I had one AF in early February but it didn't amount to much; I thought I ovulated some weeks later, but it's been more than two weeks since then and still no AF, and I've never had a long luteal phase, so I'm clueless right now.

I had my usual breakfast yesterday. Lunch was yogurt and toast, and dinner was chicken-chili stew. Besides the aforemention snacks I also had an apple and another handful of raisins during the day, but I think that was it on snacks. I didn't exercise (I was tired but I should have done it anyway). Today I'll go to the gym and just use the bike again. My right arm is still aching -- I think I pulled it the night before last, because up until that point it felt the same as the rest of me (i.e., sore and tight but not too bad), but at one point I reached with that arm and it felt like I'd wrenched it, and since then the rest of my muscles have stopped hurting but that one hasn't. Ugh. I'm still hopeful that it will be back to normal by Saturday so I can do Body Pump again!

No comments: