Thursday, March 02, 2006

I was cheated!!!

OK - My past two days... Well Tuesday I went to the gym and did a fairly leisurly workout on the treadmill. I kept the incline high and walked for 38-40-ish minutes. I burned 375 calories. It was kind of relaxing - and I was OK with that. I was tired and just couldn't face the cross trainer.

Dinner on Tuesday was late. Katie was finishing up an essay and so we didn't actually get to eat until about 9:15. This was aggrivating because I was VERY hungry and I knew we were on an all liquid diet for 24 hours after dinner. Sigh. Anyway - we went to IHOP for pancakes of course. YUM! I absolutely LOVE our IHOP. I had the Swedish pancakes with fried eggs and bacon and half an order of hash browns. Katie had the exact same thing. It was very good. Why do we eat pancakes on Fat Tuesday? Of all the fattening foods in the world - why did pancakes become traditional for Mardi Gras?

Anyway - That was it for the food on Tuesday. Yesterday morning my weight was 204.2 - which was to be expected after our late, heavy dinner. I did OK with the no food thing for the most part. I had three cups of coffee with skim milk, 2 glasses of V-8 juice, and 3 glasses of grapefruit juice (which, when discussed among the liquid eaters it was decided that it was INTENDED to be a clear liquid - it just was cloudy because of the nature of the fruit...). I had moments of intense hunger - but it was pretty easy to distract myself from it. Katie went out to get sushi for us around 8:30. She watched Lost with Charles and got home with our food at about 10:30. By that time I had given up. The longest hour was from 7:52 to 9:15 (OK a little more than an hour). I think just knowing I was on the home stretch made it worse. I thought I was going to die! Anyway - at 9:15 I finally gave in and ate a serving of pistachio nuts. When Katie got home with the food, I didn't eat as much as I would have thought. I packed most of it for lunch today.

Anyway - the reason I feel cheated is that my weight was 203.8 this morning! That's just not right!!! I must have gone to the bathroom 20 times yesterday! I know - because my thigh was in agony from the evil, evil Nair burn I had. It was torture getting up, walking to the bathroom and pulling down my pants. ALL because I was on a liquid diet! Well - Ash Wednesday is supposed to be about rememberence and suffering, right? I was suffering all right.

No comments: