Monday, March 13, 2006

We're BAAAAAAACK - and Fat!

Well I am anyway. It was the desserts that did me in!

The first couple of days of the cruise Sarah and I were pretty good about what we were eating. We weren't AVOIDING anything in particular - we just weren't OVER doing things. Then on Tuesday for lunch the dessert bar looked so good that I had four desserts!! (Sarah will quickly point out that SHE only had THREE dessets - but she had a piece of cheesecake that was easily twice as big as the two lemon merangue tarts that I had.) The food was absolutely incredible!! Every night for dinner we had a four course meal with menus that changed nightly. The serving sizes for dinner were appropriately small - so you could actually EAT all four courses - but the calorie count was VERY high I am sure!!! I didn't eat nearly enough vegetables. I was OK for fruit - and I definitely kept up my bacon requirement for the day each day. 8-) We didn't really eat much between meals - but who needed to? I haven't been hungry since TUESDAY!

As far as exercise goes... well - we went to the gym last Monday. You know - we were so busy the whole time that I can only really think of two days where we COULD have and should have worked out - but didn't. We did make up for it by being VERY active everyday. We mostly took the stairs instead of the elevator (although we got worse about that too...) we walked up and down that ship probably a million times always needing to be somewhere at the other end. And - Oh My GOODNESS - I couldn't keep track of what deck we weer on! So GENERALLY we had to go up or down an extra set of stairs each time we went somewhere. Our three excursion days all involved walking. They also mostly involved some laying around on the beach (except Belieze which involved a long bus ride and clinging on for dear life!).

Our day in Mexico was cancelled. The seas were very rough on Friday and so they couldn't get the boat docked. Mexico ended up closing their port too - so we had an extra day at sea. I was really surprised at how many people were sea sick!! Sarah and I were just fine!!! So we spent the day hanging out with a couple of other women who were fine, scrapbooking. It was fun - but a bit rocky.

So - my weight this morning... 208.8. UGH! Actually it was 209.2 - but I have been retaining water all week. (I think it must be all of the salt. I almost NEVER eat salt or salty foods - but most of what we were eating was saltier than I am used to.) So - an hour later I was 208.8. That is what I am going with.

I really thought the sensation of the earth moving would be gone by now - but in my mind the world is still shifting and moving. The seas really WERE pretty rough for the last couple of days.

No comments: