Tuesday, October 03, 2006

You get your pick of weights today

I'm going with 134.4. Not only was it my lowest weight this morning, but it was the one I got twice. But when I first stepped on the scale, I was 135.2, then I reweighed myself at 134.6, then I got 134.4 (mind you, this was all within a one minute period), then 134.4 again, so I put away the scale. Then out of curiosity, I pulled it out again and got 136.2(!). And after my shower I got 135.4. Maybe it's time for a new battery, although it seems to respond as quickly as ever (that is, the display isn't weak and it doesn't take forever to get a reading like you'd expect).

Anyway, even the 134.4 is disappointing. I exercised almost as much last week as I ever did at any point this year (went to the gym three times including yesterday, walked quite a bit on other days, but only did pilates once) and although I didn't eat as little as I used to, I only ate in moderation each day and didn't snack mindlessly any day. My only day of indulgence was Sunday at the Ren Fest where I had three drinks, a cheesecake onna stick, two pieces of fried cheese, and half an order of french fries. But that was pretty much ALL I had that day--coffee in the morning and three ravioli for dinner and nothing else. Sigh.

But what else can I do but stick with it? It's not like 134.4 is a horrible weight at all; I just like it closer to 130! I did notice this past week that getting to the gym is getting a little easier mentally. It's hard to re-start a habit, but by yesterday I didn't even hesitate or consider other options--I just picked up my bag and walked over there in the afternoon. And I'm increasing my speed, which is good. Still not at all what I'd like it to be, but I can hold steady at 5.3 to 5.5 m.p.h. for about 20 minutes.

No comments: