Friday, October 06, 2006

It doesn't take much

If you feel bad - even mildly so - it is even HARDER to exercise than normal - so Emily, I feel for you! I have been having that sore throat, achy muscle, head achy thing going on too. By the time I get home from work the LAST thing I want to do is exercise.

I ordered a treadmill - http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?cat=Fitness&pid=00624645000&vertical=FIT&subcat=Treadmills&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes

I don't know if that link works - but I tried it out yesterday - along with a few others - and I liked it fine. It is being delivered, Wednesday 10/18. I have to re-arrange my whole house between now and then. Sigh. Actually I would like to re-arrange my whole bedroom. I have been thinking that for a while. Maybe I can do it in between the trip to San Antonio, the Bead Fest this weekend, working next Wednesday, and stuff. Surrrrrrrrrre. I can do that!

My weight was up again this morning. I was 211.2. Sigh. The last time I quit smoking I gained 8 pounds and kept them. I was at MY LOWEST POINT and then I quit and went up to the 208-210 range and have held pretty steady there ever since.

I haven't been working at this in several months. Ever since I talked to my doctor about my non-weight loss... or maybe even before that - I had mentally given up. I still try to eat well, and to not over eat, but I am not practicing the strict diet I had been for the first six to nine months of this diet. And - while my exercise is WAY better than it was a year ago, I am sporadic at best. I usually try to get a FEW exercise sessions in - maybe two a week - sometimes more, sometimes less - but consistently, I am bad. I really wanted to be VERY GOOD leading up to the doctors appointment (which is on Nov 1st) but so far I haven't been.

Quitting smoking HAS caused some issues, I have found myself craving salty snack foods, and giving in to those cravings... I just ate some Smartfood popcorn instead of my V-8 or cottage cheese. I do know that nicotine DOES aid your metabolism, and ironically maybe, my string of ongoing weight gain over the past several years, stalled at the 210 point JUST when I started smoking. Coincidence? I think not! Or maybe it is... what do I know?

No comments: