Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Hibernation...

That is so funny Sarah - I JUST said "All I want to do is eat and hibernate!" I think it is the weather. Your body is trying to keep you warm and to do so (without buring your fat reserves) it requires you to eat more stuff.

Today I detoured from my diet (again). I had my whole wheat Kashi cereal with 2% milk (the store was out of skim Lataid milk, except as half gallons, but the whole gallon is only $1 more than the half...) I have been drinking coffee with the same milk all day. Then for lunch I had left over sushi - really NON fattening sushi. Four pieces were plain salmon, and four were spicy tuna (which is just raw tuna with spices squished in) . It wasn't my favorite sushi. I also ate half of an acorn squash left over from dinner last night. Then I had a bag of chips. That was my big detour. 300 calories wasted! Then I had a lunch meeting (actually the meeting happened first) where we were bagging up Halloween candy for the folks in the DC. I ate one mini Baby Ruth and one mini Skittles - which is actually amazing considering I was SURROUNDED by hundreds of pieces of candy. So I am not too mad at myself for that. I will probably drink my V-8 before the end of the day. I don't know what we are having for dinner tonight either. Since we have started this diet I have really gotten into the habit of eating the bulk of my food during the day. I used to snack all evening at home - beginning from the time I got home until I went to bed. Now that Katie and I eat actual dinners, I eat much less afterwards - if at all. Fat lot of good that has done me!

No comments: