Wednesday, October 04, 2006

I'm so irritated with myself!

I'm just back from the gym. I had decided to increase the time of my workout by five minutes. Normally I run for 30 minutes, cool down for five, and range the speed of my running from 4.8 m.p.h., up to 5, then 5.2 or 5.3, then a short time at 5.5 and back down to 5 before the cool down. This time I set it for starting with 10 minutes at 5 m.p.h., then 5.3 for another ten minutes, then 5.5 for the final 15 (or until I could take it no longer). So I was trucking along and at 16 minutes and 40 seconds, I knocked the stupid emergency stop button off! It erased all of my settings so I have NO idea what distance I had covered at that point or how many calories I had burned. So I started it up again, set it for 20 minutes (because I couldn't do the math in that split second to figure out I needed an additional 18 minutes and 20 seconds), ran for 7 minutes at 5.3 m.p.h. and then did the rest of the time at 5.5. So it ended up being a slightly longer workout than I had planned, but a slightly shorter time at 5.5 m.p.h. But what irritates me is just not knowing at what point I passed the 3 mile mark (or the 3.3 mark) and also my total calories burned (since any "extra" over 300 I can eat in Hershey's kisses, right?).

Speaking of which, I came back from the gym, went to deliver some stuff to a woman in another office, and came away with two Kisses and a bag (80 calories) of potato chips. They are gone now. I'm telling myself this is o.k. because it's actually fewer calories than the yogurt I had planned to eat, but let's not discuss nutritional value, o.k.?

No comments: