Thursday, October 05, 2006

Feeling rotten

That pretty much sums up my week so far. I drank too much on Tuesday night -- I had three smallish (I thought) glasses of wine at the dinner and then followed it up with a beer back in our hotel room while we watched a video. This was spread out over five hours but I woke up the next morning feeling hungover, which is no fun when I didn't get to feel like I'd had some tremendous good time to begin with! Ick. So I haven't had anything alcoholic to drink since then. In any case, that was an awful lot of unnecessary calories on Tuesday.

Wednesday was worse in terms of unnecessary calories -- we did eat at the Mean Bean for lunch, which mean bean and spinach burritos and not that much cheese, though they're huge, but I had lemonade to drink with lunch -- totally empty calories. And for dinner we went to a Japanese steakhouse, which guarantees way too much food -- I probably had my whole day's calories in that one meal. On Wednesday my exercise was suspect, too; we went to a park to walk around and the kids and I were all on foot, so I had to go mostly at their pace, which meant a lot of stopping to throw things in water and watch the ducks. Fun but not terribly aerobic. I was holding Cecilia in my arms for most of it, so at least it required a little more effort than watching TV. And it helped me shake the last of the hangover, but by then it was clear I was coming down with something and wasn't just hungover.

Today I woke up with a raging sore throat and a headache that got worse as the day went on, until we finally got home around 4 and I could dig out the ibuprofin, which helped with both the headache and the sore throat. But feeling so terrible meant I had no exercise whatsoever, not even the lame walking of yesterday or the lame dancing around the room of Tuesday. And food was appalling -- I had three (!!) Krispy Kreme donuts for breakfast (Hot Doughnuts Now -- we don't have a real place here, just grocery store boxes of them, and it's not the same), a Chick-fil-a Caesar Cool Wrap for lunch (with only about half the dressing, and I had water to drink) and a couple of barbecue chicken strips, and two small slices of margarined french bread, for dinner around 9:00 when I realized I'd forgotten to eat dinner. What a weird day. I also had snacks of pretzels and goldfish today, but not a huge number of either.

Tomorrow I hope to find time to exercise, but Daniel's schedule has suddenly become alarmingly crowded for the next week, so it's either going to be walking or dancing around to the iPod (Sarah, it's a 4GB Nano, in silver, with my name engraved) again, and not running, as I'd hoped. I also have some Stampin' Up tomorrow night (just a regular activity night, nothing that brings in business) which means the schedule will definitely be tight. But now that we're home I can at least hope to eat reasonably well.

I've decided to buy only Skittles and Gummy Savers for Halloween. They are the kids' favorite, and they're fat free, and I don't eat myself sick on them.

No comments: