Thursday, October 19, 2006

Mmmmmm, pears are in season!

I just finished eating the best pear. I need to go buy more--Claire and I will both eat them like candy, without the negative side effects of weight gain and cavities.

Yesterday I had to really force myself to go to the gym. I was up at 3:47 a.m. with Connor (why do I always look at the clock as soon as my eyes are open? And why do I always remember the exact time?) so it was a long, tiring day and at 3:00 p.m. the last thing I wanted to do was run three miles. But I did it anyway.

My food, however, wasn't the best. We were out of yogurt, so I threw in some leftover risotto for lunch, which is much more than I normally eat at lunch, and then while grocery shopping (for yogurt of course) after work, I got a candy bar. And then Brian made mesquite chicken pizza for dinner, so that wasn't the healthiest choice. And I bought some of the caramel flavored Oreo cookies while shopping (NEVER shop when you're hungry!) and ate four of them in the evening. 133.8 this morning. No surprise!

Amy--good for you on the treadmill! It'll kick your butt a few times before you get back into the habit, but you'll get back to your former level quickly. Or at least that's what happened to me when I started running again after not going at all for more than a month.

No comments: