Thursday, October 12, 2006

Yesterday and today

I'm still frustratingly at 134.2 and 134.4. But the running is getting better/easier. I was back in the gym yesterday and instead of moving gradually from 5 to 5.5 m.p.h., I upped it to 5.5 after 10 minutes, stayed there for 15 minutes, then upped it to 6 m.p.h. for the last five minutes and didn't die. I'm going to hold at that for the next week or two and then increase the amount of time I stay at 6 m.p.h. I hope, eventually, to be able to run the full 30 minutes at that speed.

Food has been the same as usual, although with a total lack of vegetables yesterday. On Tuesday we had bean and pasta stew for dinner, and yesterday it was chicken with noodles and gravy (leftovers from Sunday) and all my vegetable attempts were thwarted--no fresh veggies except carrots and we're sick of those, so I pulled out a frozen mix but they were frozen solid and freezer burned (Claire left the freezer open a crack a couple of months ago, and ever since then we keep finding things that thawed and refroze that are inedible), so those got trashed, so I decided to make a salad and the lettuce was all brown and gross in the center. Yuck. So no vegetables with dinner. Although, now that I think about it, I did really well with veggies at lunch. I had a lunch meeting and ordered a cajun chicken wrap, steamed oriental veggies, and french fries. So I did eat half of the french fries (they were really good!) but also had the steamed vegetables and the veggies on the wrap (only ate half the wrap, though).

So I guess I haven't been completely overeating, but I've certainly been eating enough that it's understandable that my weight is staying the same. I really need to cut down to 1200 to 1300 calories a day again to really lose weight. I just hate doing that!

Tonight is the Brownies induction/awards ceremony. The Brownies are cooking for us. Yee-haw. I probably won't have too many difficulties keeping down the calorie count! I know one of the items they are making is soup. Each girl was asked to bring in a can of vegetables for this. Doesn't sound too yummy to me.

Oh, one good thing about hovering just around 135 is that all the "estimated calorie burn" charts you see in magazines for different activities are estimated for a woman who weighs 135, so at least those are accurate for a change!

No comments: