Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Catching up

Weight yesterday was 156. Exercise = 0. Food = very random. As a sampler, yesterday I had a nutragrain bar, a yucky salad with chicken, a vitamin water, gobs of regular vitamins (there are so many pills I actually am counting them as food b/c my skin is so AWFUL right now...will up date on that in a second) a cupcake from the Baltimore Cupcake Co (TO DIE FOR), a piece of cheddar cheese, and a really small baked potato (baseball sized) with some butter and shredded cheese.

My treadmill...ProForm something or another. I first would walk and watch Friends (one episode was great at first, then I moved up to 2 episodes) and I eventaully tried Health magazine's walk to run program and I would say I am somewhere in the middle of that although given my lack of exercise lately I will probably not be able to pick up exactly where I left off. I have to have music for running. TV is too slow paced. I have developed an odd taste for hip hop and DJ mixes as a result of wanting to run. There are some great podcasts that you can download, some of which are free and change every week.

So my skin...I have NO IDEA what has it freaked out. Well, that's a lie really. It is stress. So I augment my usual Oil of Olay vitamins with their healthy skin pack. So I start my day with 6 pills of whatever nutrients they think are good for my skin in hopes of finding a balance again. Middle school health teachers are total liars...the pimple/break out situation gets WORSE as you grow up, not better.

The cupcake company--that place is so awesome. It is on E Fort Ave in the city. The icing is the lightest buttercream ever on earth and I could just slather it all over my body. Diet or no diet, next time I know I'll be seeing you all I'm bringing one for each of you. It's the sort of thing where if you are going to indulge, it is definitely doing it right. Don't waste calories on unfulfilling junk--this cupcake was fabulous. I was so happy after I ate it and I didn't even want another. It totally made my day yesterday. Mine was cookies and cream. The cake was the cookies and cream part, and it had chocolate buttercream with crumbled cookies on it. I am even smiling as I type about it...residual positive effects even the next day!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

We passed the Cupcake Co. on a field trip a few weeks ago with Claire's Brownie troop and I wanted to go in because it just *looked* so yummy! I didn't get a chance though--sounds like I'll have to go back.

Amy said...

What a neat concept! I want one - yellow with chocolate icing.

My huge fear is that the endocrinologist is going to tell me to cut out sugar from my diet. I love sugar. How can I cut it out???

Amy said...

Oh! Also - try taking Evening Primrose oil supplements for your skin. It clears mine up and makes if feel SO soft when I take that. I can't remember what the actual vitamin is - ummmmm. That isn't the gamma rays one is it?

Sarah said...

http://www.baltimorecupcakecompany.com/index.cfm

I really shouldn't be posting that on a blog dedicated to losing weight!