Friday, October 27, 2006

Heading home today

And thank goodness! Daniel's mom and I are both way off our diets -- and all that exercise I envisioned getting here just didn't materialize. Daniel and I went running one morning, a 5k-ish that took embarrassingly long, and that was it. Next week we're going over to the Weight Club and we're going to sign up -- or turn around and buy exercise bikes -- but one way or another exercise starts SOON. I'm tired of being a slug and my stomach is looking scarier and scarier.

Food has been not good. Yesterday was Mary's birthday and so I had cake and candy (no ice cream) and lemonade (Cecilia's cup was too ful for her) and spaghetti and bread and wine for dinner and a lunch of barbecue and southern-style vegetables (which totally defeat the purpose of vegetables, as far as I can tell -- they're cooked with tons of fat and stewed so long that they have no nutrients left) and more bread and sweet potatoes and heaven knows what else; we were at Aunt Carolyn's and she pulled out all the stops. Most of it was good. And breakfasts haven't been particularly healthy, either, though yesterday I had a whole-wheat bagel; today was scrambled eggs and bacon and biscuits (with strawberry preserves, no butter) and orange juice and cantaloupe. I need to learn some restraint and go for more cantaloupe and less bacon.

Starting next week my posts are going to be a lot healthier. Really.

1 comment:

Amy said...

It is really nifty having exercise equipment right at home. Although, I am slacking on the resistance training, and you need both...