Friday, October 06, 2006

I so didn't want to do that!

But I went to the gym anyway. I had a meeting all morning that finished up with a big lunch (I had a turkey sandwich and a salad, but then ate a bunch of Hershey's kisses and two mini candy bars) and the last thing I wanted to do was go out in the rain at 3:00 on Friday and trudge to the gym. But I forced myself to do it so I wouldn't break my streak, and as always it wasn't so bad once I was there. At least I didn't knock off the emergency stop thing this time. I ran three miles in almost exactly 34 minutes. Not great (I increased speed from 5 mph to 5.5 mph throughout the run) but at least I know I can improve from there. Just a couple of weeks ago I wouldn't have been able to maintain a speed of 5.5 mph for 15 minutes. So my next goal is to do a steady 5.5 for 30 - 35 minutes. And now, having exercised five days in a row, I get to take the weekend off!

No comments: