Thursday, October 12, 2006

Out for a (sluggish) run

I went running this morning, and I was determined to jog the whole 5k so I started off slowly. That meant I kept a pretty sluggish pace the whole time, but I did actually get through all of it. After the 3 mile mark I realized I still had a fair amount of energy in reserve, so I actually ran the last portion (which is a little longer than 0.1 miles -- it's probably closer to 0.2) and I finished it in about 33 1/2 minutes (my watch doesn't have a timer). I'd like to do better on Saturday for the race -- it's so frustrating that just four months ago I could run this in under 29!

Daniel and I are going to visit a gym before we buy any equipment -- that worked so well for us, and we enjoyed exercising together, and we liked having other options available to us. And I hate the idea of being stuck in my basement exercising, but I don't like the thought of having a bike in the office when the room is already so cluttered. There's no perfect option, of course.

Last night we went out to dinner and I got salmon with chipotle BBQ sauce, actually a very lean option. The heavy stuff was unappealing. I had a baked potato on the side and didn't eat much of that. But I ate a caesar salad (and quit after about a third of it) and two of the rolls (O'Charley's has very good rolls) and a piece of caramel pie (which was OK but not fabulous -- I think I'd rather eat my way through a bag of caramels!). And I drank a glass and a half of wine. But think how much worse the dinner would have been if I'd gotten the cajun alfredo stuff or something similar! I know, I'm reaching...

Today I'm eating normally. Yogurt and pretzels for lunch, my usual breakfast. I have had a few slices of my chocolate orange -- Daniel gave me two for my birthday, only two days late, and I've been eating them very slowly. Tonight we'll have sauerbraten meatballs and green beans and a salad for dinner but I'll probably cave and have dessert, because Mom and Dad like dessert and it would be just plain rude if I didn't offer it, right? ;-)

I am soooo never going to lose any more weight...

No comments: