Saturday, December 08, 2007

Still Addicted

I love The Daily Plate! It is so cool. It has almost all of the foods I search for - and if it doesn't, it is easy to add it. I love that it adjusts your calorie level automatically when you enter your weight - and then tells you EXACTLY how many more calories you are allowed to eat. I love it that it tells you that you can eat more after you have exercised. It is like getting a reward for having exercised. Best of all I have seen a decline in my weight since I have started using it. I am not sure why that is - except perhaps because I have been getting a little more exercise in - because, for the most part I haven't really changed my eating habits. I think maybe I might be more inclined not to eat stuff late at night because it would push me over my calorie limits - but from what I have seen of my calorie totals I am either well below what my limit is (most often) - or over it by 400 calories. I am not sure why that is.

I like reading the "Most Popular" searches for foods. It seems that everyone starts out with healthy breakfasts - starts losing it by lunch - and by dinner are eating fast food and candy bars. It makes me laugh (and feel not a little bit smug because I don't do that!).

Anyway - for the last two days my weight has been 225.8. I didn't exercise last night. I intended to - but a weird light came on in my car on the way home from work - so I didn't want to go out again in the cold, icy night. I am going to go first thing this morning...hopefully my car will start!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Isn't it totally addictive? I love the site, too. I've gotten almost compulsive about putting foods on my plate -- not ten minutes after I finish a meal I go to see what the damage is. And I have done crunches at the very least almost every day because I like having at least a few extra calories open to me -- and it was fun when I finally earned the 5-days-in-a-row fitness badge!

OTOH, yesterday I totally gave up on using restraint and it wound up being my most expensive day since Thanksgiving. I ate over 1500 calories -- which doesn't seem so bad in retrospect! -- but with my set goal of 1222 I've been motivated to keep things lower most of the time. Today's not looking that much better, but I guess I have time to get back on track, especially if I exercise!