Friday, December 21, 2007

On the ninth day of fitness, the exercise for me...

was 45 minutes on the elliptical, 100 crunches, 50 more with legs raised, 50 push-ups (20 of them full-length), and about an hour of work in the garden pulling up and hacking down and raking aside dead stuff so it wouldn't look hideous all winter.  (And a partridge in a pear tree.)  I have so much to do to get ready for Christmas that I hated to spare the afternoon for the garden work, but the weather was absolutely gorgeous yesterday and I've been waiting for a day like that for weeks, so I couldn't pass it up.  We also went hunting for a tree yesterday and our usual place was sold out of the kind we like (no wonder, at 5 days until Christmas) so we had to do slightly more trekking than usual, though probably not enough to count as exercise -- it was just one of those running-around kind of days.  But we have a tree now. (And it's covered with snow, I suspect -- it's outside and it snowed last night!)  And I was back to 135 again this morning for the first time in eight days.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Katie and I have to "put our garden to bed" still too. It is supposed to rain this weekend, but maybe I will have a chance on Saturday to do this. I want to have it DONE so it won't keep haunting me...