Friday, December 14, 2007

My tuh-tu hurt me

I have never tried to spell that. Is it ta-ta? Tu-tu? No - there is more of an "h" sound to it. Anyway - yeah. I have been having stomach issues. It started after I had been eating Macaroni and Cheese regularly (three times in one week!). I figured that was more gluten than my system could stand - paired with cheese and milk! But - that was DAYS ago. I have been up sick in the night for the last three nights, and the days I am mildly afraid to eat. I HAVE been eating of course, though. Actually - it is that weird thing where your stomach is growling, but any thoughts of food make you feel queasy. My weight was back to 227.2 today.

I stayed up reading again last night - and then since I was sick during the night, I DID NOT want to get up this monring. Katie also overslept - but in both cases we were ready to go pretty much on our normal schedule. Katie figured out when she got in to work that they were delayed an hour because of the icy roads - she called me just as I was also discovering the icy roads - but they were fine once I got onto the main ones.

I just ate a pear. I love that our vendors send us Harry & David's towers to work. They usually have a few healthy things. I have a block of cheese to go home with me and a bag of lightly salted nuts in my desk drawer. I am fine with that. Its very weird. This is the second one we have gotten - but the moose munch (which I know I LOVE) and the candys look totally unappealing - and everyone is HAPPY to pass off the healthy food to me. I had two pears from the last box sitting on my computer since Monday. I ate one yesterday and this one today. The yesterday one was perfect - which meant I thought todays would be too ripe - but it is even MORE perfect! I have to eat it in a bowl like applesauce - but I use a knife and my fingers rather than a spoon. YUM!

4 comments:

Emily said...

I always spelled it ta-ta. Never really gave it much thought.

I envy you your food towers. Daniel said to me last night while he was on Daily Plate, "Amy eats the weirdest foods!" The foods that were coming up on your "feed" were the Harry & David's pear and one of your frozen dinners, which has such an elaborate name. And something Trader Joe's. Hee hee! I never know what will pop up on my list -- some days it seems like the feed shows everyone else eating fruit and vegetables and all kinds of healthy food, like I mostly eat, but then what comes up next to my name is the ONE piece of candy I've had all week, or something. Sigh.

Sarah said...

I'd go with "tuh-tuh." Ta-ta's are a bit higher up. ;-)

I'm sorry you're not feeling well, and I'll join Emily in my jealousy of your Harry and David's towers--they have some really yummy stuff!

Amy said...

I like weird food. I went to Wegmans today to get sushi - because that was the only thing that sounded appealing to me. Strange that raw fish and rice is comfort food to me. (For the record I got a cooked crab roll and a cooked shrimp roll.)

I know what you mean. Everyone else eats fruits and vegetables and I eat mac and cheese and girl scout cookies - but REALLY there is other good stuff too!

Mary said...

If you are quoting Eric, it is "tuh tuh". He was very little.